To register for WCNT 2022, there are 3 steps:
- Fill out the electronic registration form: WCNT 2022 Registration
- Pay your registration fees. (You will receive a paypal invoice shortly after you complete step 1. These are sent manually, so please be patient with us)
- Show up to the first business meeting (Dec 15) to confirm your talk title and slot
If you have any difficulties with this process, please send us a note
WCNT is committed to providing access to this conference as equitably as possible. We have long offered a tiered model for registration fees, which helps ensure participants from diverse career stages can attend WCNT. Our tiered fee system allows you to select the program fee that best works for you. The selected tier will in no way impact your WCNT experience.
Ultimately, we want you to pick what seems best to you for you. With all of the different ways that you can participate in WCNT as a hybrid event, we want to give you the flexibility to pick the registration fee that feels most fair to you based on how you will participate and your ability to pay.
|Tier 1:||$150||Recommended for participants with access to funding and for whom the registration fee is not a barrier to participation in the conference.|
|Tier 2:||$100||Recommended for participants with limited grants and access to funding.|
|Tier 3:||$50||Recommended for students, postdocs, and retirees with no grants or funding.|
Early-bird pricing ends on November 15th. After the 15th, each tier will be $25 more than the fees stated above
When registering, we ask that you consider the following in determining the appropriate pricing tier:
- Think honestly and carefully about your personal situation to determine the registration fee that fits your individual needs and ability. Please bear in mind, that for us to be able to offer a sliding scale pricing model, we have to rely on those of you who can afford a higher pricing tier, to actually do so. If you can make a higher tier payment, know that your contribution will directly allow for the participation of someone else who may not otherwise be able to attend.
- We understand that income, funding access, and career stage are only a small piece of determining affordability and that cost of living, debt, supporting family members, and a number of other factors must be taken into account.
- Upon request we can provide additional documentation to help you to secure funding, should your granting organization require it.
- We understand that this kind of financial evaluation can be challenging and is entirely subjective. We encourage you to reach out to us if there is anything we can do to support you in determining the appropriate fee for you, and thank you for supporting us in our efforts to make this conference accessible to all who want to participate.
All fees are listed in US dollars. Once we have received your registration, we will send you a link (via email) that will allow you to pay the registration fees via credit card (Paypal). These emails are sent manually, so please be patient with us. If you wish to make alternate payment arrangements (cheque, cash), please contact the organizers.
Early and Late Registration
Register on or before Nov 15th and get EarlyBird registration.
After Nov 15, 2022, registration prices will increase by $25.
There will be an in-person banquet on the evening of Dec 18. Tickets for this banquet are $65. (Kids are $30). If you have food restrictions, please indicate these on the registration form.
A note on accommodations: Unlike in the past, there is no room block for WCNT at Asilomar. In other words, no rooms are being held for the conference, and no meals will be provided. At this time of year, there is lots of availability in the area, so feel free to stay at the hotel of your choice, and enjoy the great food the area has to offer. (Heck, you could even stay at Asilomar!). A list of nearby hotels is on the location page for the conference.