Each year at the conference, the organizing committee gives out the Emma and Dick Lehmer prizes: awards given to the committee’s favorite talks of the conference. Traditionally, at least one of these awards is given to a first-time speaker at West Coast Number Theory.
Recipients of the Lehmer Prize are given free registration to the next year’s conference.
To date, the recipients have been as follows:
- 2019: Nandita Sahajpal — Rational Zeros of a System of Two Quadratic Forms
- 2019: Evan M. O’Dorney — Reflection theorems for class numbers of binary forms
- 2018: David Nguyen: The k-fold divisor function in arithmetic progression to large moduli
- 2018: Simon Rubinstein-Salzedo: Diophantine tuples over Z_p
- 2017: Kelly Emrich, Clark Lyons. Norm-Euclidean Ideal Classes in Galois Cubic Fields
- 2017: Enrique Treviño. Counting perfect polynomials
- 2017: Lee Troupe: Counting subgroups of the multiplicative group
- 2016: Bianca Thompson: On the Field of Definition of a Cubic Rational Function and its Critical Points
- 2016: Andrew Shallue: Average liar counts for degree 2 Frobenius pseudoprimes
- 2015: Nitya Mani: N-Division Points of Hypocycloids
- 2015: Andreas Weingartner: Polynomial Analogues of Some Results in Number Theory